Monday, May 25, 2009

Home, Sweet Home.

Well, my nephew has graduated, we cooked up a storm and the party is over. Phew! But, I did get to fit in some fun Friday morning. Everyone needs a little fabric therapy you know.
I finally made it to Sew Worth It! and it so was. :)
The first person I met was Sue herself. I asked her if it would be okay to take photographs and, due to the fact that the quilts belonged to others, she politely said , "No." No problem. But I could take a few shots of her quilts to show Karen.
I introduced myself to her and told her I was visiting from Georgia. Then I told her that our quilt shop is A Scarlet Thread. She looked at me kind of funny because she knows Karen! I told her it's not my quilt shop, but our quilt shop. Where we go to be inspired, meet up with old friends and make new friends. The place where good things happen. Now I have another one for when I am in Florida!


Inside the shop, Sue's apologies for it being messy due to rearranging aside (oh, and there was no evidence of mess anywhere!), was a delight. I am like a kid in a candy shop when presented with row after row of colorful fabrics. My mom, niece Alyssa, John and I ooohed and aaahed over everything from the cute displays to fabrics that made our hearts want to leap out from our chests. Thankfully that did not happen or there would have been a mess!

I picked up a charm square pack of Sweet and Basket of Flowers, which have eluded me until now. I have learned that when you see something, buy it. Quickly. I also found three fat quarters for my friend in beautiful pinks and yellows. I'm pretty sure she is going to love them.

How cute is this saying?


I did take an outside shot of the shop. You can see my family in the reflection in the glass.



If you get the chance to go to Sarasota, be sure to stop by Sew Worth It! and tell Sue about your quilt shop! You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

love all your projects, especially the scotty dog...

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I was there today!!! My BFF was down from the upper north and we met at Sew Worth It, then went to lunch and chatted the afternoon away. Isn't it a great shop! Such beautiful fabrics and great samples. I always love to pay a visit. Glad that you found it too :-)
Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I love going to new stores when travelling. It is so fun to see how they do things and what fabric they have. Fun!