Saturday, May 16, 2009

What's Under Your Needle?

Have you caught the selvage bug yet? I have. I spent one day last week slicing all of the selvage edges off of my fabric stash. Don't be too impressed, I don't have that many. But, I was itching to start a project with them so I began stitching together five-inch segments into a long strip. This strip will be cut lengthwise and then cut into smaller strips to make a small coin quilt. I've been wanting to make one for quite a while and I'm being very impatient. I want to start the quilt, not do the preparatory steps. Patience is not my virtue, can you tell?


Here is what I have accomplished thus far. I am almost to the point where I can begin the coins. Almost. Ack!



So, tell me, what is under your sewing machine needle? Anything fun? Something you can't wait to finish? I hope I'm not being nosy. I'm just curious.
Karen and Ken are at Quilt Market in Philadelphia this week. Oh, can you imagine the fun they are having? You can keep up on what's transpiring by following the links to Pam Kitty Morning and Bunny Tales on the side bar. I have to tell you, that PMK and Anne are having a hilarious conflict over who gets to post about all the excitement at Market first. Don't worry about Anne. I'm pretty sure she can hold her own.
Karen brought her camera and as soon as she gets home, we'll be posting pics for you.
Have a happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Is the coin quilt going to be for you?
Me, I am almost ready to quilt two Swanky baby quilts.

Betty said...

I don't sew, so I don't know what a coin quilt is...but, I surely do like the looks of your selvage strip!