Friday, June 26, 2009

If You Ever Get Tired of Quilting...

Yeah, right! Like that might happen. But, if it does, there may be a place in Peachtree City, GA to inspire you to pick up a pair of knitting needles or a crochet hook!


Yummy, yummy, is all I can say about the photo of beautifully colored yarns. I know that it is 90 degrees outside, but it will get colder, I promise! And when it does, you will definitely need a cozy afghan or sweater to cuddle up in.
Karen recently spoke to the owner of Sugarfoot Yarns, Cheryl, and here is a little of what she had to say about her new shop:
" We are all about bringing beautiful fibers to the Southern Crescent of Atlanta! I love color, so we have gobs of it (more than 100 colors of one type of yarn alone), and we try to have a wide variety of fibers so that you can satisfy whatever yen you have. One of the special things to me about the yarn is that every inch of it runs through your fingers as you knit or crochet...it is very tactile and incredibly personal. So, to me, to get to be part of that process by providing the yarn, that is such an honor! I mean, some of these objects are meant to be cherished, and others are "just" going to a stranger as part of a charity knitting project, but each one has been handled and considered, thought about and in many cases prayed over. I love, love, love it when a customer brings in a finished object, from a baby blanket to a felted bag."
What fun!Doesn't she sound like a doll!Visit Sugarfoot Yarns on-line or the next time you are in Peachtree City...and tell them you're a friend of AST!
Also at A Scarlet Thread, from now until June 30, if you bring in a donation for the Helping In His Name Food Pantry, you will receive a sweet gift in return, other than that good feeling that comes with giving!
You'd be surprised at how many families have been helped in our community by this ministry, and now they need our help. The food bank is running low and needs many items to continue it's mission...and it's mission is doing what the Lord commands us all to do...help others.
The rest of this month AST is offering an incentive to your giving... Bring your non-perishable food or toiletry items in and receive 10% off your fabric purchases. To maximize your giving, here is a list of things needed on a regular basis:
Canned Goods - tuna, vegetables, flour, salt, sugar. Dried beans, rice, noodles
Toiletries - shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc.
Misc. Supplies - zip lock bags, magic markers, copy paper, school supplies, etc.
Thank you so much for your support!
So, there you go- something for you and something for someone else. I love the generosity of the women at A Scarlet Thread and appreciate their efforts in making themselves a contributing part of their community. Just one more reason it's my favorite quilt store!
Now, for those of you who want to see quilts, well I will have one finished the beginning of next week. It will be going to my sister for her birthday (late, I'm afraid) and it is adorable if I do say so myself.
Have a great weekend everyone and I hope to be coming to you from my own computer next week. That will make me very happy.

1 comment:

Betty said...

We will be just as happy as you when you have your computer back. We miss your posts...even the short ones just to say 'hi'.

I'm looking forward to seeing your newly-finished project. Always a treat!