Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Sister.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why this little quilt took me so long to make. I think it was because I wanted it to be perfect for my sister. Her birthday was at the end of last month. Better late than never.




I used Moda's Hello, Betty! for this quilt. My sister has a closet full of Fiesta Ware in every color imaginable. This colorway just happens to match some of her vintage pieces perfectly. What a stroke of luck.



The pattern is the Disappearing Nine Patch. So cute. I used the easy-peasy way of making the block that Rachel shared in her Moda Bake Shop tutorial. I omitted the sashing because the quilt was so small, but you can bet I will be making a big one using her pattern!! It's just adorable.
When my sister sets her dinner table she will now have something that will be just as fun as her Fiesta adorning her table.
She's coming to my house on Wednesday. Don't let her know what will be in the gift bag, okay?
.
.
.
.
PS- I haven't given anything away. She doesn't read my blog. ;)

7 comments:

Sherri said...

What a wonderful gift!

Lily Boot said...

very pretty!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love it!!!....just made a table runner using this pattern...soooo quick and easy.........

Enjoy.....LindaMay

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a great Blessing you must be, one to the other!

Lynne said...

This is a beautiful quilt. She is lucky to have a sister so talented.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I'm finally catching up in my google reader with all my friends. Sorry it has taken me so long Karin. Happy Birthday to your sister. THis is so lovely. I am going to do the disappearing 9 patch for the border in my halloween exchange quilt. fun!

Rashida Khanbhai said...

your sister is very lucky. She will love the quilt, I am sure.