Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like ......


CHRISTMAS!

Twilight Holiday Magic by Studio E

And a fun, funky Christmas at that! Don't you just love the retro look and colors of this fabric?

Sherri Berry Holiday by Lyndhurst Studio
I stopped by the shop last week and discovered that there are already Christmas fabrics adorning the walls and shelves! After all. it is the time of year to be thinking about making just the perfect gift or adornment for the house. You can imagine my delight when I discovered these adorable stockings made from a Moda Christmas Bake Shop treat.



How cute are these? And you can make six little stockings from the two honey buns and the pattern that are in the box! Now that is a sweet deal. Can't you see these clipped along some chunky white rick rack and strung across a mantel piece? I sure can. Now I wish I still had a fireplace.




Mary made this quilt using the width of three different Holiday Magic fabrics as the body of the quilt and trimmed it out with beautiful borders.
If you're not quite in the mood for Christmas, well there are some extraordinary quilts for you to try your hand at. This beauty made with batiks is just stunning. Shall I add it to my list of quilts to make? Why, yes, I think I shall.


Or, if you want to go bold, you may want to try this one:



It reminds me a bit of Japanese paper lanterns. My grandmother had those hanging in her restaurant when I was a little girl. The restaurant was no longer in operation but the decorations were still there. It was located between my grandparent's house and barn and was called Rita's Luncheonette. But that's a story for another day.

I have to say that my one trip to the shop has me wishing for completion of all the projects I have lined up so I may begin to sew on something red and green.
Who knows, maybe this year I'll even decorate!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Wow, Christmas in July? Too funny. Lovely fabrics. I'm sure you will do them justice.

Sherri said...

Wow...so much great eye candy here! Love everything!