Wednesday, July 15, 2009

S.A.G.A.

SAGA, or the Strippers Anonymous Group Association,met on Saturday after strip club. The class is for those who want to get a head start on the next strip club quilt or to get to work on a past one.
Can I just tell you how much fun we had? Oh, my goodness! There were approximately 20 women who stayed and we had a ball. What is it about when women gather together to work on projects? There was such a spirit of camaraderie in that room as we helped each other sort out pattern directions, chose color combinations and began stitching.


Conversation threads floated through the room, weaving a cloth of new friendships.

There was a lot of sort-group, sort-group happening.


It's rather fun to see the different sewing methods.
Neat as a pin or a bit sloppy, which one are you?
I will admit that I am a bit on the sloppy side, but learning. :)


These white gloves do more than make you look like Minnie Mouse. They will prevent you from cutting off parts of yourself with the rotary cutter. Yep, a very handy thing to keep with your quilting tools. Handy! Get it? Ahahahaha. Okay.




I loved watching the thoughtful ways that our group approached their color combinations.



The world is a very small place. Trust me. I discovered that my sewing neighbors knew me from when I worked at a local elementary school! It's been 11 years since I worked there. My goodness, time flies.


The key to being able to assemble your quilt project quickly and with only minor errors is to be organized, organized, organized. Repeat after me, "Sort, stack, label."
And buy stock in Post-It notes.



See how happy you will be if you follow that simple rule?



All smiles.
All the girls accomplished a lot during S.A.G.A. I was able to sew all of my strips together for the new quilt! That will make me more likely to finish it before August 1, the next time we meet.
To make the afternoon even better, we were served delicious grilled hamburgers and charred (the only way to eat them) hot dogs, cooked by Karen and Ken. With a full compliment of condiments and toppings as well as some of the yummiest potato salad ever, we filled our tummies as well as our creative places.
I hope that S.A.G.A. becomes a more regular event. I loved chatting with Karen, Maryann, Carol, Flash, Sis, Lynne, Kathy (my sewing neighbors) and the rest of the girls. I learned a lot about them and especially from them.
I don't think I could have asked for a better way to spend my Saturday.

1 comment:

Lynne L. said...

If you have never done SAGA this is so much fun. It's funny how much people really do have in common especially when you get a room full women in one room, oooooh the sewing talents. Can't wait for the next SAGA.