Monday, August 3, 2009

Bits of This and That.

One of my favorite things to do when I go into a quilt shop is to head to the scrap bin. This one is at AST and it draws me in like a magnet. The basket may have something to do with it but, mostly, it is the little bits of cloth poking out through the sides that say, "Come play with us!" And I do.



For 25 cents a piece you can dig deep into the basket and put together enough scraps to make say, a table runner, a purse, a set of pot holders, a make-up bag or any other small project- cheap.



See? It took less than a minute to pull these out of the pile and
look how great they look together!


Take a minute and go through your shops scrap bin.
You'll be amazed at what's in there!!

5 comments:

parTea lady said...

That is a great way to get quality fabrics for small projects at a bargain price. What are you making with your pretty picks?

Irishgirlsews said...

Love the basket of scraps, I think I need to have one in my own sewing room, what a great find, what are you going to make??
Wendy
http://quiltsbythesea.blogspot.com/

madrekarin said...

Actually, I left those little bits of fun for someone else to discover. But, just last night, I spoke with my mother-in-law and she wants me to make a small quilted top for her table in the living room window. The colors in these scraps would be perfect. I guess I should have snagged these when I had the chance!

Lyanna said...

That basket does look very tempting!! I think I would definitely play with one at the quilt shop I go to, too bad they don't have one :(

Jennifer said...

so glad I saw this..I found these baskets in our basement and I needed to bring them up thanks for the reminder great for fabric pieces..Jennifer