Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday, AST!

Last Saturday was the third birthday of my favorite quilt shop, A Scarlet Thread. I guess by now you know how much I love that place, don't you? I wanted to do something special, so I baked them a cake and brought it over that morning.
The first thing I was greeted by was a full parking lot! Everyone was there celebrating the event. Inside, bright birthday decorations were scattered about the store, women holding armloads of fabric jostled their way to the cutting tables and throughout the shop could be heard the ripples of excitement as someone found just the right thing for their latest project.
Karen helped a lovely woman who was trying to replicate the fabrics used in a quilt she saw in a magazine. Armed with the photograph, this eagle-eyed pair found a range of fabric that made me stop in my tracks for a peek. Soft blues, vivid greens with a shot of espresso, the voices of these fabrics sang out with a siren's call beckoning me in to tempt and tease. That quilt is going to be beautiful!
I left the shop still abuzz with conversation and laughter. On my way out I told Ken there was cake. "Oh, I know! I already found it- I followed my nose!"
Happy birthday, A Scarlet Thread. May you have many more to come!


PS- If you are wondering where the photographs are, well, I forgot my camera. I know, I know! How could I have done that? Let's just say it was the cake's fault and be done with it, okay?

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

How fun. I'd have loved to see the cake!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday!!
I hope you'll keep up the success and stay as simple always..
God Bless!!

Blogger said...

Did you think about picking the ultimate Bitcoin exchange service: YoBit.