Saturday, August 1, 2009

Transitions

This morning's strip club was so much fun! Just look at what the girls accomplished. You will be amazed, I promise.


Karen shared her version of June's strip club quilt.
Altering the pattern just a tidge gave it a completely different look. Bravo!

This is Cindy's beautiful Transitions quilt.
Again, arranged differently than the pattern,
she called it Dawn to Dusk. It drew many oohs and aahs.


Linda's setting triangle and border choices make this a very tranquil quilt.



Dawn shared her incredible Hot Flashes with us. I love this quilt! On the list it goes. :)



Flash made her quilt with beautiful purples and greens.
For some reason I thought of irises when I saw this quilt.



And here, finally, is her Jacks Be Quick quilt. Yum.



Flash's daughter, Kathy, went bold with her triangles and border
which made for a spectacular quilt.



And Kathy's sister, Carol, (who would also be Flash's daughter, got that?) shared her
For Which It Stands quilt. Beautiful!



Sandy told us that this quilt nearly did her in. I understand that feeling completely, as it is the same way I felt putting Stars Aligned together. Yikes, what a challenge!



She also completed her Butterfly and Bloom from February's strip club. Suh-weet!
.
.
.
So that brings us to the next transition- Christmas. In August? Of course!
Here's a sneak peek of the contents of our kits:


And here is the finished quilt:



Are you still breathing? Isn't this beautiful? Ah, I cannot wait to make this one. You should have seen the flurry of activity as the girls chose their perfect background and borders. I chose a sweet black fabric with tiny white dots scattered like stars and a very bold, for me, border. I'll surprise you with a photo next month. Maybe. ;)
Until then? Start thinking Christmas!!

7 comments:

scottylover said...

Wow those are GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see your version of the Christmas quilt. Thanks so much for the inspirations.

Sandy A in St. Louis

Rebecca P said...

Those are all so pretty!
I just love the Christmas quilt, as scottylover said- can't wait to see your's.

Betty said...

Think Christmas? It's pretty hard to do when our temp is 112 degrees today. But, your Christmas quilt pattern will help me think Christmas, I'm sure!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Goodness! Such beautiful quilts and so many of them! My kudos to the hands and women who made them.

Christy said...

I've missed the last two strip clubs and feel so out of the loop. That's what summer with a house full of boys will do to a woman! Next month...count me in!!

Lynne L. said...

I can't wait to get this one made. I'm trying to get the last two finished so that I don't feel so guilty about leaving unfinished projects lying around. Can't wait to see what colors everyone has chosen to go with this.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I love show-n-tell. Love seeing what everyone is working on. The turquoise border quilt was my favorite.