Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's Going To Be A Cozy Christmas!

It looks like the Scarlet Strippers were very busy this month! We had quite a showing of the August strip club quilt, Cactus Wreath. Without and further ado, I give you the offerings from the hands of these amazing women.


This is Barbara's quilt shown by Wendy and Sherrie.
I'm not sure why she didn't want to share it because it is beautiful!

Sandy finished her Transitions quilt. Love those colors.

And her Cactus Wreath quilt. Maybe it should be called Christmas Gold.



The crisp white makes Karen's quilt a classic.



Today was Ann's first time at strip club,
but she brought her lovely Autumn Feather quilt to share.



It always surprises me at how different each quilt turns out.



I love the light and shadow effect in Euberta's quilt.


Lynne took her strips from June's strip club and used the
Gift Boxes pattern to create a delightful quilt.



And here is her Cactus Wreath done with subtle neutrals. Beautiful.



Let me just tell you that I want to be Kathy Tedder when I grow up.
Really.



And seriously, how stunning is this quilt? It is for Kathy's niece. If you could see my dining room you would understand why I am simply drooling over this quilt. My back wall is papered in aged book pages and this quilt mimics the feel perfectly, from the subtlety of the creams to that pop of black. I love a pop of black.



Mary, from Miss Mary's Charm School, joined us today as a stripper! This is her first completed strip club top, Transitions. Yay, Mary, you rock!!

DeAnna calls her quilt Midnight Cactus Wreath, having used bold black and white as her background and border fabrics. Wow!


This quilt was made sixty years ago for a then ten-year-old boy. It is hand-pieced and hand-quilted, a true labor of love. Timeless.



Here is Cindy's beauty...



and her mom, Sandra's. Do you see how they planned where their blocks would go?
Really lovely.

And now, because I know you cannot wait to see what we will be making next month, here is Southern Comfort from Cozy Quilt Designs.

Pieced and quilted by Sherrie Curtis.

Oh. My. Gosh. This one is going to challenge me. My friend, Cilla, and I have already planned to sew together so we can guide each other through every single step. I think it's going to be a doozy, but fun nonetheless.
Here are the fabrics that I chose to use in my quilt:


My light and dark for the blocks and


my borders.
Who knows, if it turns out okay, I might share a photo. Maybe.

Hope everyone has a very nice Labor day. Don't work too hard. ;)

1 comment:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Ohhhhgosh!!!...the first Saturday of each month i wish i lived closer!!
So beautiful......

Enjoy....LindaMay