Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Happy MIL

My mother-in-law's birthday is today. She had mentioned a while ago that she wanted
something to cover the top of a very worn table to in her living room. I took that as a hint.
I sketched a pattern that would be simple yet elegant and then off to AST I went and chose three fabrics from the luscious Gypsy Princess line by Hoffman Fabrics, sewed like crazy, and voila, here is my mother-in-law's new table topper!


I gave it to her on Sunday because, well, I could not wait for her to see it!


This was my first attempt at applique. I chose to do circles, why?
Actually, they are yoyos and I don't think they were very easy.
Some of them are a bit wonky, but that's alright- she loved it anyway.


See? One happy MIL with her new table quilt.

I love making people happy.

4 comments:

Lynne L. said...

As usual it's beautiful.

parTea lady said...

What a great gift. I love the fabric and pattern.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Well it is darling Karin. How could she not absolutely love it. She looks so happy sitting there.

cinnamongirl said...

Karin you did a wonderful job of course she loved it!