Thursday, October 22, 2009

Scrap the Universe

Ah, yes, another basket of strippy scraps that the girls at the shop saved for me. I love these little strips and the challenge that they pose. Every time I pull some from the basket, I wonder what they will become.



This time, the strips were sewn together, raw edges exposed, into a lovely rainbow fabric.
Mmm, yummy.



After the fabric was made, I went to my kitchen shelves and pulled bowls of various sizes. tracing the bowls, I made a tidy stack of circles. I laid out the circles onto a base fabric and, when I achieved a pleasing arrangement, I appliqued them down using a blanket stitch on my sewing machine.




A little echo quilting (not my string suit) and then the fun begins.



I can't show you the finished project just yet as it has a looong way to go. But when it's done, you will the first to see it. Promise.

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Creative Karin! That is you. Love it.

Lynne Leavell said...

I wish I had time to be as creative as you. I have a lot of ideas but I think I need to run my family off for a year so I can get it done. Nawwwwwwww. As usual good job. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Kris said...

Wow, that's alot of sewing! What I can see of it, it's going to be amazingly beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished.

Kris