Sunday, October 25, 2009

Strip Scrap Christmas Wreath

Are you bored yet? I hope not! This is a little wreath made from strips of Merry and Bright from last Christmas. I love this fabric!



I used a 10-inch foam wreath from the dollar store and wrapped it in sections with different colors. Then I stitched together three strips, leaving raw edges exposed and gathered them with a running stitch. A little twist, a little stitching and, I have to admit, a little glue and voila!, a flower. A contrasting button finishes them off perfectly.
Stitching two strips together in the same manner, I made leaves that were then tucked here and there into my rag flower bouquet.



Here they are close up. It's bright, cheery and a sweet little adornment for your wall, door or your friend's house!
Really, these strips are just too much fun. :)

2 comments:

Irishgirlsews said...

Your wreath is as cute as can be! What a great way to use up some of those left overs. I love it, thanks for sharing.
Wendy

Jan Hatchett said...

Love it! The flowers could be cute on lots of different projects. Oh, the ideas that are running through my head now!

Thanks!