Saturday, February 13, 2010

February Strip Club Love

It's a snow day here in Georgia! From the North Georgia mountains all the way to Savannah, snowflakes fell from the sky yesterday to blanket the ground in the most beautiful, sparkly white blanket. I haven't ventured out very far to photograph the event (just to the front and back porches) as I am recovering from the nasty flu, but what little portions I could catch in my yard were just breathtaking.


Equally as breathtaking a sight are the quilts made by the Scarlet Strippers!

This is Jennifer's Crossed Path quilt from January's strip club kit. It's just amazing. I love the sage green and pink background fabric she used as well as the black and white check she chose for her outer border.


And here is the quilt top, ready to be stitched together, from the new Silver Thimble Quilt Club, led by the wonderful Pat Wys. Yes, that Pat Wys- Queen Silver Thimble herself, comes to A Scarlet Thread once a month to lead, teach, guide and make us laugh!


Jennifer used one of Pat's time-saving tips and, boy, it's a great one to know. We have it on video, but neither Blogger or youtube will allow me to upload it in zip form. Any suggestions as to how I can remedy that situation?


This is Sandy's lovely Star Struck quilt from December's meeting and...



her brilliant Crossed Path quilt using flip flop fabric as her background. Makes me think of Summer! And that's a good thing today. ;)



I wonder how Sandy gets everything finished? She must have some incredible time management skills. Here she is showing us a little shopping bag she made using one of the patterns from the shop. The pattern includes direction on how to make three sizes of the bag- small, medium and large. the best part is that they fold up and button for easy storage to take them to the market.
Sweet.

This is Deanna's Strawberry Pie quilt from the Silver Thimble Quilt Club. I think I am definitely signing up for the next quarter!



Here is Lynne and her huge Star Struck quilt. She made it into a king size and I would think any member of royalty would be quite content to sleep underneath such lovliness.

Speaking of royalty, Pat popped in early to visit with the Scarlet Strippers and to bestow Princess Karen with her own "diamond" tiara!



I wish you could have been there. But, wait! You can be there! Come visit us next month, on the first Saturday, at 8:30 am and you can join in on the fun! We have people come from all over, including two gals from Florida, and we guarantee that it will be worth the drive. Promise.

And here is the quilt we are making for March strip club. The pattern is called Beach City Blooms by Cozy Quilt Designs and it is a charmer.


Sample quilt made by our own Sherri Curtis.
I, for one, cannot wait to see how the girls interpret this quilt. I can see it being totally feminine and flirty as well as modern and a bit edgy. It all depends on the sewer and we have such a fab, talented bunch that I am always surprised at what they put together.
I "sew" hope that I see you there.

3 comments:

Jan Hatchett said...

So sorry to hear that you have had the flu. I do hope you are feeling much better really soon.

As always, your photos are great and full of inspiration for us!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Can't make it to strip club...but...Mom and I will be there for the Shop Hop!!

Stay safe and warm.....LindaMay

Blogger said...

I have just installed iStripper, so I can watch the sexiest virtual strippers strip-tease on my taskbar.