Friday, February 26, 2010

Sew, What's New?

First, I noticed that there is only half of Pat's video that plays. :( I am working to see if i can fix that for you! Now that that is out of the way, let me share what's happening at A Scarlet Thread!
We're busy getting ready for the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop in March. The theme this year is "As American As...." Well, it's a disco theme at the shop and I have been busy gathering things to make AST the best disco club in Georgia! Bolts of fabric have been coming in by the truck load, sample quilts are being made and kits assembled to make sure that you have the best shop hop experience ever!
Can't wait til then? Come by and see what we have for you!



How about these Saucy Circle Apron panels from Timeless Treasures? Aren't they cute? I love the juicy colors of orange and lime. Wearing one of these would make cooking a treat.


Or this sweet little Winder Jacket by Stephanie Kurtz. This jacket is made with a fab, hot pink Minkee lining. Be still my heart! Talk about cozy and comfy.


Wendy made this long coat and the short version below using our new selection of decorator weight fabrics. They are beautiful and the perfect thing for the cool spring days we have here in Georgia.



How cute would you be wearing one to the flea market or the farmer's market? Or the mall, if you must.



I had to share this beautiful quilt made by our own Harriette Williams and quilted by Wendy Woodruff. The pattern is called Milky Way by Cozy Quilt Designs. It's a strip pattern, perfect for jelly rolls! Rendered in batiks, it takes on a vibrant, classic look. Love.
So, that's a peek into what's in the shop. I hope you can come to visit us and see for yourself why AST is the place to be. :)

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Can't Wait!!....Mom and i are cruising into Atlanta on the 17th...

audreypawdrey said...

I love that last coat! What is the pattern for it? I can't come to your hop as I am in CO, but next time I am in Atlanta, I am definitely stopping by.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Everything is beautiful Karin.

AMIT said...

Great work done.

Web hosting india