Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

All over Georgia Spring has made an appearance. And at AST, it is no different! We have so many new things popping up here and there it's like a garden!
This is the new Silver Thimble Club quilt. The pattern is called Georgia Hoe Down and it makes me think of barn dances and women in dresses with the skirts lined with so much tulle that they look like mushrooms popping up out of the floor!
Our sample is made with Sandy Gervais' beautiful Essence line.



Here's a close up of the quilt. Sherrie did a beautiful job piecing this and Wendy used her superior quilting talents to make this a stunner!





How's this for cute? It's the blue and chocolate colorways of the new Freebird line by MoMo for Moda. I love this fabric! So bold and graphic. Do you see those big dots? Crazy. I have a new quilt pattern I've designed that is calling to be made from this. Yum. :)



We have two new lines in the shop, both named Frolic. First is this darling Frolic by Wendy Slotboom, just begs to be made into a little shirt or shorts for boys and dresses for girls. Or quilts, or a play tent, or anything! I don't know if you can see (click to enlarge the photo), but she has little possums in this print. Possums! Ack, just adorable!
I have a new grandchild coming in September (my first!) and as soon as we know what this wee one will be, I'm stocking up on this.



And this Frolic, by Sandy Gervais (we do love us some Sandy!), is held for our Scarlet Strippers! It's the fabric for May's strip club and I cannot wait to see what pattern we will be making. This stuff is luscious, I tell you!




We have a new addition to the shop- a fat quarter wall! I think I need one at home. What do you think? No more shuffling pieces of fabric on a hook, it's all right there at your finger tips. And even better, we will have one in the batik area as well!
"Two, two fat quarter walls. Ah,ah,ah,ah,ah!" (Doing my best Count von Count impression here, folks.)


Yes, Spring has come and with all of pollen that has fallen and dusted everything in our state, May should prove to be a flourish of even more beautiful things to come!



Please pop back by and see what's new. We love having you visit!
PS- You can go here to see my What's This, Oz quilt. I finally finished it!

1 comment:

Lynne Leavell said...

Can't wait to see the pattern for Strip Club in May. Already have an idea of what colors I'm going to use. I just love, love, love spring. Fat quarter wall, I need at least 2 myself.