Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Down South Quilt Show

As promised, here are a few shots of the very first Busy Needles Guild Down South quilt show. Say that five times fast!
It was a beautiful show, full of gorgeous quilts. Here are a few close-up shots so that you can see the amazing detail and workmanship that went into the making of them.




A sweet vintage Sunbonnet Sue!

This was the Best of Show winner! Isn't this amazing? I loved this quilt.

Below is our booth.


I brought a few antique and vintage items fom home to fit in the with location of the quilt show. It was held at the Nash farm Civil War Battlefield.


Quilts and Fixin's darling booth. I love that redwork quilt!



At every turn there was some serious eye candy to behold.



These two sweet gals were watching over the silent auction booth.



The Gardner's Quilt booth. They had the most yummy wool for purchase. I had to buy some to make a primitive something or other. It's nice to have some pretty pieces in my stash.
All in all, it was a womderful way to spend a weekend.
Congratulations to all the gals that put the show together. I'd say it was a rousing success!

2 comments:

parTea lady said...

Loved seeing your photos, as I was unable to attend the show. It looked like it was a great event.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

It is funny. I feel like I am so at home with all quilty people that I could just walk through your blog into that show and have instant friends. Love loved that sunbonnet sue. So incredibly cute. That should be mine!