Monday, May 17, 2010

I Heart Moda Home

It's like a trip to Grandma's attic here at AST! Last week I went in to work to find one of the cutting tables covered in Moda Home goodies. It was an absolute "Eek!" moment for sure as I had brought in some things for display that would work perfectly with what lay before me.


How about a biscuit jar filled with crocheted cherry-fringed dish towels?


Or a vintage drying rack that holds more tea towels packaged up in sweet little bags?
There are even tablecloths that coordinate perfectly tucked up in a wicker laundry basket. I think a set of towels and a tablecloth would make a sweet wedding gift. Or even a birthday present for that vintage-loving friend!
When was the last time you saw paper dolls? I think I need some of those to put away for my little granddaughter that will be born in September. Or maybe it should be the Learn to Sew quilt kit. Decisions, decisions!
And you can carry all of your loot in the super-large tote bag decorated with 1930's pups!


This roll of loveliness is created by stitching reproduction vintage children's handkerchiefs together. They have a one yard repeat which makes a panel that would be adorable in the center of a quilt. I could see it surrounded by pinwheel blocks made in soft colors like the ones found in the Hunky Dory line. (Hmm, I think an idea has sprouted!)
I just love vintage. Don't you? Pop on by the shop and get some for yourself. :)

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Wish i was there!!

parTea lady said...

What a great looking display. I'm expecting my first grand daughter soon and those paper dolls are awfully enticing.

Sherri said...

This post was not good for me...now I need to get some Moda Home goods!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I want some of those!!! So cute. Love me some vintage.