Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Out and About the Shop

It occurred to me that I haven't shared photos of the shop in a very long time. Allow me to correct that asap.
If you come in to AST at all, then you know we are pretty much in a constant state of flux. One minute something is there and the next...well, you get the picture. Especially on Wednesdays when the "decorator" comes in and moves things around to the point that heads are spinning! Gee, I wonder who that could be? ;)
Anyway, I digress. What you want to see are the beauties that we have displayed, like this Beveled Blocks quilt made in shades of green and gold batiks.


Or this amazing Yin Yang quilt from August's strip club.
I can tell you that mine looks nothing like this one.
At all!


I just love the deep purples and greens  of this Shadowbox quilt. It makes me think of curtains I had in my first on-my-own apartment, which was actually a converted garage- complete with brick floors. The curtains were black with purple flowers dotted along green vines. I loved them and I love this quilt!



A Pancakes quilt made with Plume and a companion Fire Escape quilt behind it made in the same fabric. I love how a different pattern gives a different look to a line of fabric.


This is Mary's stunning Fruit Cale quilt made with Moda's Freebird line.


You just never know what you will find when you come to visit! But, let me warn you- the next time you come in, what you saw before may not be in the same place. That's pretty much a guarantee.
This little quilt is not in the shop. It's one I made for my soon-to-be-here granddaughter. It's not a very good shot. I had to take it on the floor of the kid's apartment! But I love how it turned out in all of its red and aquaness.


Now to wait for the baby that will be snuggled up inside of it............

4 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What a cute store. Love the Yin Yang and baby quilt.

Lynne Leavell said...

Your granddaughter will just love the quilt. Can't wait to see pictures of her cuddle up in it. It is just gorgeous. What pattern is it or is it one that you made up.

madrekarin said...

Hi, Lynne- It's a pattern that came from my rather twisted brain. :)

Blogger said...

I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can watch the best virtual strippers dancing on my desktop.