Thursday, November 4, 2010

Marvelous Market

 Because I could never capture her excitement, here's Angela's email:
"Fabulous!  I don't know if there is a better word to describe my experience at the International Quilt Market in Houston this past weekend!  I say again - FABULOUS!  I am so excited about all the things that are rolling around in my brain right now and forming plans for AST customers!  I had classes from industry stars like Debbie Caffrey, Charlotte Angotti, and Pepper Cory!  I missed that cutie pie Ty Pennington, but I got to meet Anna Griffin, Edyta Sitar, and the Swirly Girls!  Kaffe Fassett was just sitting in his booth stitching on his current project, and I would have taken his pic, but I thought it was a little stalker-ish!  And, it was so nice to just settle down for a few minutes with our own Pat Wys at her booth at Market.  All of the displays were amazing, and you are gonna love all the pics!  I would have liked to get a more aerial view of the conference center so you can see the magnitude of the whole thing!  Festival begins in a couple of days, and I will send pics of it as well, and then I will be on my way back home again!  I've had an amazing time, but I miss my family - the one at home, and the one at the shop!  See you soon at AST!"
 
The Amy Butler booth. You can't look at Amy's fabrics and not feel deliriously happy.
 

 And then, she makes tuffets! Ah, sigh!


Oh, Tula Pink, you had me at that giant pinwheel!


A beautiful corner of Anna Maria Horner's booth. You need to visit Monica to see the amazing heart quilt Anna Maria made. Stunning!


 Even Ty Pennington is getting in on the act with his own line for Free Spirit.


 I think his designs would be perfect for home dec projects.


 Anna Griffin's booth offer up some major delights! How cute is that kitty on the quilt?


 Oilcloth perfection....


 and this charming little bit of sweetness!


 Is it prom season? Michael Miller seems to think so. Is that Scarlett I see in the back?


 Pillow and Maxfield's gorgeous Gypsy Bandana line. Oh. My. Gosh!


 Oh, Mod Kid! You do make the cutest things. I see some Emma sewing in my future!



 Blackbird Designs hits the comfort spot with me, every single time. I love that homeyness they bring to their quilts. Plus, they wallpapered their booth in book pages! Birds of a feather- my living room is done the very same way!


 The incredible Quilts of Valor booth. If you are not familiar with this organization, please take a few minutes to visit their website. To date, over 33.000 quilts have been given to members of our military. Their mission is simply this, "The mission of the QOV Foundation is to cover ALL those service- members and veterans touched by war with Wartime Quilts called Quilts of Valor (QOVs).This foundation is not about politics. It's about people."


 An last, but not least, the Lakehouse Dry Goods booth!


Holly's new line, Annie's Farm Stand is due out in May, 2011, and we will have it at AST! 

As you can see, Angela had a blast at market! Well, really, was there any way she wouldn't?

No comments: