Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Breakfast Club

In my last post, I mentioned Breakfast Club. It's a lot of fun. I thought you might like to see what we are making this month. Well, maybe this month. Since we are iced in here in Atlanta, our class, that should have been held tomorrow, has been postponed. But, anyway, that doesn't mean you can't see the quilts!
This pattern is called Dutch Breakfast. The original pattern called for a scrappier look but I wanted to make mine in only two colors- black and a sort of pale putty color. I love how it turned out! I used black thread for the quilting which makes for a nice contrast. Don't look too closely though. I am still a novice when it comes to machine quilting.





 Since I was home with nothing to do (HA!) the past two days, I decided to get a jump on next month's quilt: Diamond Scones. I had my doubts about this pattern but now that it's coming together, I love it! Plus, I made it out of Bliss which makes my heart go pitter-pat. Love.



The thing I like about these patterns is that, once you make all of your cuts, they go together pretty quickly. So that means that you can easily put together a few blocks during the class time and work out any kinks before you get home. You have to love that!
I hope that you will come join Sherrie and me for breakfast! We'll save you a plate.