Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hourglass Envy

One thing I really like about being stuck at home is that I get to surf the web reading quilting/sewing blogs. I could sit at my computer for hours looking at what these creative women (and men!) have been making. 
One of my favorite places to go is to Monica's Happy Zombie blog. She is an hilariously funny, super creative sprite with just a little bit of a sharp edge to her that makes you want to go back day after day to see what mischief she's been up to.
I happened to catch this post this morning and I immediately had to wipe sweat beads from my forehead. Do you see this cuteness?!  Coordinating pots and pans with a sweet hourglass potholder. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
 It's awesome.

photo by monica solario-snow, the happy zombie.
  Not only did she share photos of this sweet red, white and aqua potholder, she also shared a tutorial. A brilliant tutorial. One that made me think that I might be able to make this block. I left a comment gushing about how cute and easy she made these blocks and then I got this reply from Happy Zombie herself and it was done: "Do it, do it, Karin!  It's so fun - especially making them into the second option." I have to make them.
So, off to my pathetic little stash to find a solid white (Yay! I had some!) and  a quick evaluation of my charm squares (Sandy Klop's Punctuation) and I am set to make my own hourglass blocks using Monica's tutorial.


I'll keep you posted on my progress but, until then, hop on over to the Happy Zombie and prepare to be smitten with what you see. I bet you make an hourglass quilt!

2 comments:

kpaints said...

So cute, thanks for sharing! Hope to see yours soon.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

That pic of the vintage pans and potholder draws me in. Monica is fantastic.