Monday, January 17, 2011

Scrappy Dappy

I finished the top of my Diamond Scone Bliss quilt last week while I was avoiding the icy mess outside. I did brave it a bit to take this photo, then I hurried back inside, asap. Every wintry day needs to be accompanied by a springy quilt. I'm just sayin'.


 Because of the way the blocks were made, I ended up with a lot of these little triangular pieces left over. Some had little colored triangles attached and some had little white triangles.


 So, I lined them up in the corner of the bias cutting lines on my mat and cut them all to match. They measure 3 inches from the top of the point to the bottom of the triangle.


 After I cut all of the triangles, I stitched them together- one colored triangle piece to one white triangle piece and trimmed them to a 3 1/2 inch square.


Then I played with them until they made me happy. It did not take long.


So, not only do I have a chase-away-the-winter-blahs quilt, I also have a sweet coordinating table topper. 
I love using my scraps to create something different and useful.
 Now, where am I going to put it?

6 comments:

treadlemusic said...

Am so 'hooked' on pinwheels lately and that little topper is so much what I am about to do to chase away the January blahs! Thanks for the sharing!!!

kpaints said...

Very pretty...that would chase any winter blues away!

Sherri said...

It's gorgeous...I love how you turned these scraps into such a fun quilt!

Lynne Leavell said...

Your mind is a little more creative than mine. I love what you did with the left over scraps.
Very beautiful.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Really really love this quilt.

Clare said...

Hi Karin,
I'm Clare from Florida, that comes to sew every now and then. I like the Diamond Scone quilt pattern that you used with the Bliss fabric. Is that pattern available for purchases? I think I bought enough Bliss for 3 or 4 quilts!!! Thanks so much. I'm going to try and come to the Anita Gooddesign workshop next month. You do such a good job on the AST blog!! You are so talented!
Thanks again, Clare Kelly