Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mary Poppins' Carpet Bag of Quilts

Saturday morning, after strip club had finished, our Silver Thimble Club met in the classroom. Pat chased me down to tell me that there was a great photo op for the blog happening down there so, off I raced with my camera. This is what I found:



 A huge pile of quilts. Actually, this is the final pile. Most of the quilts came out of a carry-on sized suitcase. It was, literally, like Mary Poppins' carpet bag. The quilts just kept coming!


 And whose suitcase was this, you might ask? It belongs to this gal- Aleta, the queen of quilting. From the above Christmas quilt, to an embroidered Atlanta Falcons quilt....


 She took a moment to allow Claudia to share her Honeyberries quilt...


 then they both showed off their harlequin quilts..


 and another!


 Hey! That's not Aleta! No, it's Mona proudly sharing this quilt that her 7 year old granddaughter, Trinity, made. Grandma attached the borders, but the piecing was done by Trinity. A new quilter is born!


 Off to the woods with Aleta's deer quilt,


 And a break for Carol's Twinkie quilt. Cute!


 A mammoth patchwork. I love the homliness of a patchwork quilt.


 Carol snuck in yet another of her creations. I'll call this quilt Sweet Treats as I can't write the real name on the blog. It contains all of Carol's faves- Skittles, pretzels, cookies, Twizzlers, cupcakes, nonpariels, etc. I gained 5 pounds just looking at it!


 Aleta was all rested up and ready to show off her quilting prowess.









I just have one question. Aleta, honey, when do you sleep?

3 comments:

Alina said...

Good question, when does she have time to sleep?! Oh, my goodness, this is awesome!

I better catch up and work on my projects!

Thanks for sharing.

Diane said...

What a fabulous Quilt show!
Thank you so much for sharing all these wonderful creations. I am in awe of the talent shown.
Diane

Blogger said...

I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can watch the hottest virtual strippers getting naked on my desktop.