Thursday, June 9, 2011

Look Who's Back!

My apologies for my absence. We had a Very. Nasty. Virus. on our computer. So bad that it had to go to the hospital for a few weeks. Weeks! Ugh. It's all better now. So, I hope you have a few minutes to spend viewing what's been happening at AST while the E machine was recuperating. Ready? Here goes:

Have you been to our Beginning Quilting class? Linda did! She honed her skills and is moving on to more adventurous quilts like this one. Here she is proudly displaying her newest quilt with the equally proud Mary lending a helping hand. It's just gorgeous, Linda!


 This is Evelyn and the adorable quilt she made for her granddaughter, Hayden. If  you look closely you can see the embroidered letters in Hayden's name. They are adorable.


Remember our giveaway? Well, we finally had a winner! Maggie and her daughter, Miriam, stopped by to receive get her prize from Karen! On top of winning the giveaway, Maggie found out that she is expecting a baby boy! Congratulations!


Lynn and her beautiful batik Crazy Curves quilt that she made after attending Barbara Brooks class last month. Fab-u-lous!



Jan popped in to share her super cute Nine Patch quilt made with pieces from her stash and men's shirts! What a clever way to stretch her resources. The backing she chose is on the floor below the quilt. I love this idea so much. Hmm, I wonder if the hubs would notice of a few of his shirts went missing?



This is Annette and the sweetest Sunbonnet Sue I've seen in a while. The blocks were made by Millie Lynn Venable and had been stored in an attic for 30 years. Annette jumped in and quilted this beauty for her friend to remember her grandmother by. You rock, Annette!



So, we have a new club at AST called the Sassy Scarlets. It's led by this cute gal here- Jennie Weaver. She is a total ball of energy and we had the best time sewing together our Hanky Panky quilts, gabbing and laughing the night away. You really need to come join us!


 Deanna pieced her quilt blocks ON HER SERGER! She's just a genius. 


Karen came in and gave every one's arms a little rub down so we could sew, sew, sew. 
She is so good to us.


This is Mary's array of fabrics chosen from her stash. I think I need to see this stash one day! She always has the prettiest fabrics. 


No time for posing! Quilting is such serious business. 


This is Wendy's first block made with Silent Cinema. It's just gorgeous.


Even after working all day, Wendy still had the energy to sew. And smile.


 Shirley chose to make her Hanky Panky quilt with Jovial, by Basic Grey for Moda.
 Oh, my gosh, it's gorgeous! here she is with her new sewing machine!


These are some of Mary's colorful blocks.....


 and Shirley's beautiful blocks.......



and Deanna's sweet blocks....




and....wait a minute! What's wrong here? These are my blocks. Do you see something different about them?
Apparently I belong in the remedial Sassy Scarlets class because I made mine backwards.
 Every. Single. One.


Don't ask.

I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow so it might be a few days before I get pics of Strip Club and more show and tells up on the blog. My niece graduated from high school (a year early!) and we are off to celebrate with her. Have a great weekend, everyone. Catch you on the flip side.

2 comments:

Lynne Leavell said...

As usual great work everyone. Karin there is nothing wrong with your quilt. I think it looks good. As Deanna would say you thought outside the box. As you know I am picture illiterate as well. If I catch it soon enough I take out and redo. Hopefully I will make the one in August.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What a fun post. Love the sunbonnet gals.