Monday, August 8, 2011

Sew. Much. To. Catch. Up. On.

If you've been by the shop you know I've been back a while. Sorry for not posting. We have been so busy at the shop getting ready for the big birthday sale, making fab new batik bundles and bringing out new fabrics that I have hardly had time to take a picture!

I did get a chance to snap Suzette with her gorgeous Round Robin quilt. She and three friends took one year to complete this project giving each of them time to mull over what they wanted to include on their friend's quilts. Suzette made the center block and then it was passed along not to be seen for almost 365 days. That's a long time to wait but it was totally worth it! Click on the photo to make it bigger so you can see how talented these women are.


Last Friday brought the adorable Jennie Weaver down from the Northside for our Sassy Scarlets class. We had a ball making Trees for Sale! I love this pattern. You really should join us- we'll be working on this quilt again in September!


Here's Wendy cutting out her pieces.....



and her completed blocks using a Jovial layer cake by Basic Grey.


She wasn't the only one who chose this beautiful line. Lynne chose it for her blocks-





and so did Teresa!



and they all turned out differently. Every single one. 


Jennifer chose to make hers from Jason Yenter's Wintergraphix line. Scrumptious.


Look at those cute dots and swirls, will you?!


Nancy picked her fabrics from her stash to make her blocks. Classic Christmas.



See? She must have one awesome stash.


Tracey attended last month's class and started her Trees for Sale done in animal prints while there and finished it and did not bring it to show us! I hope she remembers it next month because all of us are dying to see it. Instead, she had a Christmas version nearly completed and finished it in class!


Jennie helped her lay out the blocks and in no time they had this:



Lov-er-ly!

Just in case you think all I did was take pictures, I will share my blocks.


I used a Punctuation (by American Jane) layer cake from the shop. I agonized over what I was going to use and picked this the day before class. Nice, huh? I actually really like how they are turning out (after a few surgical procedures with the seam ripper, that is.) Now I just have to finish them. Because I know Wendy already has hers done. Not that there's any competition here. ;)

Tomorrow I'll have our show and tell from strip club plus some shots of Peggy Barkle's Curvaceous Cabins class. Say that five times fast.

2 comments:

Lynne Leavell said...

This was so much fun. Not going to be able to attend in September, but will be there in October. The only reason you had to do surgery with your seam ripper was because of your encounter that you had on Thursday.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh my gosh I love these trees. I gotta make some.