Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bargello With a Twist of Barkle.

Who has these women hanging on her every word?


Peggy Barkle, of course!


And why?


So they could work their magic in making a Twisted Bargello quilt!
It all starts with choosing 20 fabrics and then arranging them on a story board.


After that, you cut strips. Lots of strips. And sew them together.


Measure and cut and sew.


And cut and sew some more. And before you know it, you have this:


And this:


And this:


Or, how about this?


Or this?


And, then, there's this one.


And this one.


More? Okay!


By the end of the day most of the women had at least this much of their quilt made. I find that to be an extraordinary feat.


To take something as simple as strips and stitch them into this is an absolute wonder.
Peggy said she could teach any beginner to make this quilt and I believe her.
This group had such a good time that a lot of them are going to do it again, this time in
 Peggy's Circular Bargello class.
I can't wait to see how those quilts turn out!

2 comments:

Lynne Leavell said...

I can't wait for the Circular Bargello Class in October. I would have liked to take the Twisted Bargello but couldn't do both. Maybe they will do the twisted one again and maybe on a Saturday this time. I wish there was a way we could see the finished projects. I bet they all will look good by the way they all look to this point. The Color choices are wonderful in each one.

Alina said...

Definitely miss you ladies! Still can't find a shop like yours near where I live. :-( Take care, everybody, you are the best!