Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Sewing Renaissance

You know how much I love to see what our customers make, don't you? Any time a new quilt or project comes in is my favorite time of the day at the shop. Truly.
Patricia came by to show us the absolutely gorgeous Renaissance dresses she had made. Oh, wait! She did not make both of them. Nope.

She did make this one:


Swoon! How rich is that color? And the trim? Spot on!
This little blue charmer was made by the 12 year old girl that Patricia is teaching how to sew! 
It's beautiful. I can only imagine the fun that 83 year-old Patricia has with her 12 year-old student! Plus, to have that wealth of knowledge at your fingertips is awesome for any one learning how to sew.


See that cute crocheted hat that Patricia is wearing? Well, it was made by the 12 year-old's little brother! He made it especially for Miss P, even to the flower and attaching it to the right place. Thank you, Patricia, for sharing your knowledge with these two young people. You are giving them a greater gift than they will ever  know.

Go, Jackets!
 (Oh, gee whiz, don't let my husband read this! I'll be banished from every Georgia game for the rest of the season!)


See the cute Darlene standing behind her quilt? I know, you hardly can! It's because this quilt is so huge! And that yellow jacket? She copied it at the Chik-Fil-A where they happened to have one drawn on their window! Just the right size and everything. How's that for providence?
Darlene does not do anything small. Ever. Each of her quilts are one-of-a-kind, made specifically with someone in mind and, big. She's a gem, that girl.

Now, I have a question for you? What would you do with these two fabrics?



I know what I'm going to do with them and, in a few days, you will, too!
I know, I'm such a tease!

No comments: