Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Inspiration Leads to....

If you remember, the 2011 Shop Hop theme was A Quilter's Tour of Homes. AST was the greenhouse and the other shops were a coffee shop, a chicken coop, a school house, a fire house, a bird house, etc. The shop quilts inspired a lot of quilters to head home and  make their own! I received an e-mail from one of those quilters, Pat D., complete with photos of her version made from all of the shop blocks. It's gorgeous! 


Here's what she said in the e-mail: 

I stopped by yesterday to tell you about AST's influence on my version of the 2010 Shop Hop Quilt and you asked me to send a photo (since I couldn't enlarge the one on my phone).  Last year I was obsessed with house blocks and decided to make MY version of the 2010 Shop Hop Quilt.  When I saw the large display you had of "landscape" fabric, I challenged myself to make each house with fabric that looked like building material i.e. 'log cabin' schoolhouse, 'stone' castle, 'clapboard' church etc.  I bought fat quarters of most of these landscape fabrics at AST and went to work.  The attached photos are of my quilt hanging at the East Cobb Quilt Guild show in Marietta last September, my first entry ever!  Check out the center block, 3rd row down, it is my 'brick' house - the block was graphed for me by my quilting buddy.Thanks for the inspiration!

Pat D


Thank you, Pat, for sharing your beautiful quilt with us! 
If you make a quilt from the 2011 or the 2012 shop blocks, please share them with us! We'd love to see what you've created. :) 

2 comments:

Lynne Leavell said...

Very nice job. Which I had her motivation. Ok I have the motivation it is just the time that I need. Again great job. Thanks for sharing.

A Quilter Awakens said...

Hi Karin,
I have given you the Liebster Blog award. I hope you like it. It was passed to me by a really wonderful blogger: Diane of O'Quilts.
Karmen