Saturday, March 23, 2013

Gingham Style

Have you caught on to the latest rage of gingham quilts? Super easy, super cute stuff, I tell ya!
All you do is choose a color then go quite a few shades lighter and add white. See? Simple.

I made this quilt for my niece. She is having a little bambino (or bambina- she and her husband are going the old-fashioned route of being surprised) in June and the colors she has chosen for her nursery are light teal with a pop of orange.


The little giraffe was an afterthought. While I liked the quilt in its gingham plainness, I felt it needed a little something extra. Bonjour, Monsieur (or Madame) Giraffe!
The shower is today, I hope she likes it. Eek.

1 comment:

Heide said...

Cute! Have two baby showers coming up and I think this would be the perfect gift. Thanks for sharing.