Monday, January 25, 2016

Happy Opposite Day!



According to my planner from Mama Miss Designs, today is opposite day! So I want to challenge everyone reading to make a quilt or other project out of fabrics that are totally opposite of what you would normally choose.

I did this a few months ago during our Farm Girl Vintage Autumn Sew-Along. I used all darker and reproduction type fabrics. For anyone who has seen me in the shop before, you probably know that I love all things bright, floral, and modern. Bonnie and Camille are my all time favorite designers and I love big prints.

Needless to say, the fabrics I chose for my Farm Girl Vintage quilt were none of the above.

Anyway, when I finished the quilt I absolutely loved it and the person I gave it to loved it as well. I was very happy with my decision to choose darker fabrics that were out of my comfort zone. So I challenge you all to do the same this year!



Here are some pictures of my blocks and finished quilt.




No comments: