Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Snap!

Over at the Moda Bake Shop last Friday they posted a tutorial for this sweet table runner. Called Petit Fours, after those luscious little French cakes, it is an easy afternoon project.




Here is my version, made today between the hours of 1:15 and 5:30 PM. Really! It was such a joy to sew. I have been using this color palette for a lot of projects lately. You could say I am addicted to aqua, French country blue and red.


While the "recipe" calls for a charm pack, I used random fabrics that I found in the round scrap bin at the shop. I did add a few bits I had here at home, mostly the red accents. From cutting the scraps into the appropriate sizes and then sewing the strips together, I found myself humming along quite nicely and was very surprised when I completed the runner four hours later. It is so easy and fun you could make one a day, if you like.

This runner is being mailed to England, a birthday present for a friend. I wish I could deliver it in person. :)
Don't forget to sign up for the giveaway here! You have until Saturday at noon. :)

1 comment:

parTea lady said...

That is a nice table runner and the blue and red color scheme is pretty. What a great birthday present. Thanks for the link to the pattern.